Fuerteventura 2018 Day 4

Fuerteventura 2018

Day 4


I will start off this post by saying Day 4 was my 'chill day'. This will hopefully explain the lack of photos and content.


Much the same as the previous two days, the day started by sunbathing at the pool after breakfast. Alex braved the cold pool and did some lengths... I did not.

After lunch we took a long route to the beach on our bikes. By this point I was building up my confidence riding the bike, having not ridden a bike for 4 years! (Important for what we planned to do on Day 5...) 
We swapped bikes for this ride and guuuurrlll Alex's bike was SO painful to sit on...

We chained the bikes up and walked down to get some refreshing drinks at Toro Beach. Alex got a strawberry milkshake and I got a strawberry, blackberry and raspberry smoothie. YUM.




Alex planned to walk up Volcán Bayuyo on Day 6 so he left me with my smoothie at Toro Beach and cycled off to the base of the volcano to work out his route and just get an idea of the challenge he had set himself. It was lovely to have some alone time to people-watch, drink refreshing smoothies and just take in my beautiful surroundings. 

When he returned, we went back to the apartment and got ready for dinner.

It was a unanimous decision to go to a curry house for dinner, so we looked up where the best one was (Jaipur) and headed out to go there. We got lured in by a restaurant employee on the Main Street and were asked if we fancied a curry for dinner to which we said "Yes!". The employee led us to the restaurant. We turned the corner and saw the curry house we were expecting to go to but the guy led us into a different curry house (Namaste) a few shops down from the one we were on our way to. We felt too awkward saying we actually intended on going to the other restaurant so we sat down in this other curry house and hoped that it was okay. It turned out to be amazing. Alex had a Lamb Madras and I had a Lamb Pasanda. Both were so lovely. A nice surprise and a relief...

Guess what we did after our curry... REEF BAR! We had a coffee each and then wandered back to the apartment.


(Again, apologies for the lack of photos for Day 4. As I said at the beginning of this post, I saw Day 4 as my 'chill day' so the camera didn't come out much! Day 5 will definitely make up for this though... watch this space!)

Comments

Popular Posts