Summer Has Arrived!

Summer Has Arrived!


We couldn't have had more perfect summer weather over the recent bank holiday weekend. Let's just say I took full advantage of it with a beautiful amble through our local wood and fields.



Now, this dress... 

It's from Boden, a company that I have been in love with since I can remember. Mum used to dress me in their children's clothes (Mini Boden) and advised me on what to buy from their teenage range (Johnnie B). Literally, every other piece of clothing in my wardrobe was Boden, no exaggeration! I thought it was only right to continue my loyalty to this wonderful company and invest in some of their beautiful Summer 2018 pieces. 

The dress, as you may know from seeing a recent post on my Instagram account, is coincidentally called the "Katie Dress" so as the idiom goes, it had my name written all over it! I sorta kinda had to buy it.



The dress is 100% linen and so is perfect for summer because it is so breathable. It means I can cover up a bit more and not overheat which is great, especially for me because my fair skin burns so so easily. Yes, some may say a downside to linen is that is creases like a b*tch but that's to be expected and well, to me, it adds to the character of the dress and gives it a more 'rustic' look which I love. 

Something I absolutely adore about Boden is their incredible attention to detail. For example, on this particular piece, there is a very subtle pop of colour in the button stitching. (shown in the above picture). It gives the piece its Boden identity: Fun and colourful. 










Dress: Boden
Shoes: New Look via ASOS  
Hat: Amazon 
Sunglasses: River Island (similar: Ray-Ban)
Lipstick: Maybelline (applied thinly with a lip brush)
~
Photography by Alex Hill

Comments

  1. Love your new photography Katie and that linen dress is perfection - as you know I'm a big fan of 100% linen and I love the crumpled look, in fact I never iron it. I wash it and then shape it and hang each item on a hanger to dry for the 'lived in' look! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it beautiful? Thanks for the washing advice, might give that a go next time it gets washed! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts