A Little Bit About Me


A Little Bit About Me



Hi everyone!

For the second post on my blog I thought it would be good to introduce myself to you all.

Musician


Being a musician has been my main focus since a very young age. I started having piano lessons at the tender age of 5 and have been progressing to bigger and better things ever since. (Here's a picture of cute little me at the piano!)



At the age of 10 I decided to start learning a new instrument, an instrument that would allow me to join bands and orchestras once I was at a good enough standard..you know, the fun stuff, rather than just be sat at home playing the piano on my own. I chose to learn the trumpet.

In 2015 I was lucky enough to be a trumpeter in the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain, one of the most incredible musical experiences I have ever had.


(Jason Alden)

After a year in the National Youth Orchestra, I moved on to further education having just finished my A-levels. I decided to go to a Music Conservatoire rather than a University for my degree. I am currently in my 3rd year at The Royal Academy of Music in London. The reason I chose a Music Conservatoire over a University is because I'm more comfortable with a vocational course rather than an academic one. The course is very much focused on performance rather than academic work (essays, ugh.) and that suits me well.

Having said I like the performance-based degree, my plans for the future are VERY different. Instead of having a performance career, I would actually love to work behind-the-scenes in the music industry. As much as I enjoy playing the trumpet, the huge pressure and competitive nature of being a musician in any way, shape or form almost takes the enjoyment of playing the trumpet away from me (Not ideal). I still want to continue playing the trumpet once I graduate next year but as a hobby rather than my full-time job. What I really want is a regular 9-5 weekday job rather than to be a freelance musician and not know what my working hours will be from one week to the next... I suppose for me it's down to having financial stability and therefore the ability to quickly settle down, buy a house, have kids blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Anyway, here are some basic facts and figures for you to get to know me outside of music and work:

Name: Katie Rose Osborn
Age: 21
Height: 5'6"
Hair Colour: Auburn (However most people, including myself at times, say that I am ginger)
Eye Colour: Brown
Favourite Colour: Blue... or grey
Favourite Animal: ELEPHANTS
Favourite Food: Curry or Spaghetti Bolognese, yum.
Biggest Fear: Death (how cheery)
Favourite Thing: My cat, Steve (We rescued him in September 2017 and he is purrrrrfect!)


Katie Rose x

p.s. The little petrol-head inside me, brought on by my boyfriend's love for anything car-related, also loves Go Karting.



Comments

Popular Posts