Snow Day


SNOW DAY


So... it snowed. 

This was the perfect opportunity to head out with the camera (aka Alex Hill) and take some wintery pictures before the weather warms up and we start to move into Spring and Summer (YAY!). 

I managed to add a number of jumpers to my collection over this winter season, six to be precise, and the two I wore in this photoshoot are particular favourites of mine from the collection. 

The burgundy jumper (similar) is from New Look. I bought this back in November specifically with my Christmassy trip to Disneyland Paris in mind (I want to go back soooo badly!). I think it was the sleeves that made me fall in love with it, along with the gorgeous colour. I love the subtle balloon-style sleeves. Sometimes balloon-style sleeves can be slightly over done and end up not fitting under coats... not ideal for winter weather! This jumper has the perfect amount of 'poof' in the sleeves and is very comfortable to wear underneath even a tight fitting coat. The length is perhaps slightly longer than would be ideal but that's just personal preference I guess. I struggle to get the jumper looking good tucked in at the front as there is so much excess material and it can look a bit frumpy on me if it isn't tucked in at all. Other than the slightly annoying length, I love this jumper and I'm sure it'll still be a staple in my winter wardrobe next year.

The green jumper is the newest addition to my jumper collection. The colour is beautiful and would work all year round. I love that the sleeves are 3/4 length and I also love that the length is perfect for tucking in to high-waisted jeans (unlike the burgundy jumper). The material is much thinner than the burgundy jumper so layering in colder weather with this one is a must. I got the jumper in a Medium, rather than a Small, as I wanted it to be loose fitting and just hang a bit more over-sized than it would do otherwise. 

Moving on from the two jumpers... lets talk about these jeans. I FRICKING LOVE THEM! I was completely out of my comfort zone when I bought these from H&M. I'd never normally go for 'funky' jeans, I'm usually more of a fan of plain black or blue jeans. For some reason these stood out to me in the store and I just had to have them. The leg length is perfect. I don't have to roll them up and they're just long enough to not be classed as 'Ankle Swingers'. The button-up detail is both flattering and comfortable. I've found that the buttons are so much better than a regular zip because the material doesn't seem to bunch up when you sit down in the same way that it does with a zip. The only issue with the buttons is that they're awkward to do up meaning they take an age to get on or off but that's a compromise I am more than happy to make!

The coat (not currently available in black) is a classic style coat from Marks and Spencer. It's super warm and I love the high neck collar on it which means you don't have to wear a scarf to shield your neck from the cold wind... Not that it's particularly easy to wear a scarf with this coat I've found. It's a great length for winter, coming to just above my knees.

Now that I've waffled on about the pieces I'm wearing in the shoot, here are the pictures! 

Enjoy, 

Katie Rose x


Coat: Marks and Spencer (No longer available in black)
Burgundy Jumper: New Look (similar: New Look) 
Green Jumper: H&M
Jeans: H&M 
Bobble Hat: Alice Hannah via ASOS (I can't find anything even remotely similar, sorry!
Boots: Clarks (similar: Zalando)
Earrings: Pandora  
Lipstick: 'Mmmmm' Satin Lipstick by M.A.C Cosmetics (similar: M.A.C Cosmetics) 
~
Photography by Alex Hill


Comments

Popular Posts